|Top Page ＞ Visiting Japan ＞ Multiple Entry Visa|
Multiple Entry Visa for Sightseeing, Visiting Relatives and Other Purposes
(for Malaysian Nationals Only)
Starting from 1st Sep 2012, the Japanese Government will issue the Multiple Entry Visa for Malaysian nationals living in Malaysia who want to go to Japan for sightseeing, visiting relatives and other purposes. The Multiple Entry Visa is valid for a maximum of 3 years and the length of each stay in Japan is limited to 15 days in principle. However, the length of each stay in Japan may be extended to 30 days or 90 days subject to the consideration and approval by the Embassy/ Consulate-General/ Consular Office of Japan.
Malaysian nationals living in Malaysia who possess a valid Malaysian passport and wish to conduct activities in Japan under the “short-term stay” category may apply for a Multiple Entry Visa provided that the applicant fulfills one of the following criteria:
(A) Those who have travelled to Japan as temporary visitors in the past 3 years* and must be able to pay all their travel expenses while in Japan. (* applicable only if the applicants can show the previous entry and departure records stamped on their passports).(B) Those who are employed with good financial status.
(C) Spouse and children of a person in category 1(B).
2. Necessary documents for application
1. Application form is available at the Embassy of Japan in Kuala Lumpur, Consulate-General in Penang, Consular Office in Johor Bahru, Consular Office in Kota Kinabalu, or you can download the application form here
2. Passport (with minimum 2 blank pages)
3. One (1) photo (4.5 x 4.5cm) with white background which is taken within 6 months from the visa application and must be pasted on the application form
4. Document which can prove your current residential address (e.g. indication of present residential address in the certificate of employment(original company letter), original and one photo copy utility bills or receipts, etc.)
5. One of the following sets of documents issued not more than 3 months before the date of application:
(a) Certificate of employment （Original company letter）from your company stating your position, the date of joining, salary, and the dates of annual leave
(b) Certificate of business registration and original company letter of your own company if you are self-employed
(c) If you are a student aged 16 years old and above, you must submit a certificate of enrolment from your school and certificate of employment(original company letter) or business registration and certificate of employment （Original company letter）of your parent
(d) If you are a dependent (spouse or children), you must submit a certificate of employment or certificate of business registration and certificate of employment （Original company letter）of your spouse or guardian
(For those who are not working, please give an explanation in writing concerning your income.)
6. Original certified true copy of the latest personal bank account statement such as savings book, current account statement, Tabung Haji, Amanah Saham Berhad (ASB) or fixed deposit belonging to yourself, your parents or your spouse
7. Reason for requesting a Multiple Entry Visa (form available for download here).
8. Supporting documents for applicants fulfilling the requirements (A) – (C) listed in the above Clause 1 (Requirements).
(A) Document(s) which show your travelling record(s) to Japan as a temporary visitor in the past 3 years (e.g. original passport and photocopy of previous entry and departure records stamped on your passport).
(B) Evidence to prove that you possess good financial status.
(C) Document(s) to prove that you are a spouse or child of a person in category (B) (e.g. marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificate for child).
※In the event of the accompanying spouse or children applying separately from the main Multiple Entry Visa applicant, please submit the following additional documents:
?@ If a person in category (B) has already received a Multiple Entry Visa, then please submit a photocopy of the passport of the Multiple Entry Visa holder showing photo page and Multiple Entry Visa page.
?A If a person in category (B) has not received a Multiple Entry Visa, then please submit evidence to prove that you possess good financial status.
1. Please clearly inform the counter staff that you are requesting for a Multiple Entry Visa when you submit your application.
2. If the documents submitted are insufficient or incomplete, we may not be able to accept your application.
3. In some cases, we may not be able to grant the length of stay and the validity period of the Multiple Entry Visa that you desire.
4. In the event that you have a Multiple Entry Visa that is still valid, but would like to apply for another visa category, the Embassy/ Consulate General/ Consular Office will cancel the existing Multiple Entry Visa prior to issuing a new visa of a different category. For example, if you have a Multiple Entry Visa with 15 days length of stay, but prefer to apply for another visa category with more than 15 days length of stay, the Embassy/ Consulate General/ Consular Office will cancel the existing Multiple Entry Visa before issuing a new one for you.
5. In some cases, we may request for additional documents or call for an interview.